05 January 2006

Virtual Reading Room

I have been toying for a few days with the idea of switching to using wordpress for my blog. For the time being I thought it would be a good experiment to try and transfer my very own "Virtual Reading Room" from my website to a new wordpress site. It is now available at virtualreadingroom.wordpress.com. This was originally a page I created a long time ago, before delicious or furl existed, to help me with my daily international press fix, as a news junky.
This reminds me of the days when, as a teenager, in the 1970s, the only way to get instant access to the news of the world was to use a short wave radio. This permitted to lesson to such exiting things as as the BBC World Service, Radio Canada, the Voice of America, and on the other side of the Iron Curtain: Radio P├ękin (ie Radio Beijin which was relayed from Tirana in Albania), Radio Moscow, Radio Prague.
If a man had walked on the moon, who would have then thought that the internet would bring such a wealth of resources, readily available.

1 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 01:56:00 pm, Blogger Matthew Cornell said...

Thanks for the information, Pascal. I'm thinking of switching from Blogger.com to my own site (matthewcornell.org - just a shell, at this point), so I'm interested in your progress.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home