26 November 2005

Nova Mind 3.0.2

A while back I was comparing mindmapping softwares for Windows and Mac, and expressing my disapointment with the Mac softwares. I since (re)discovered Freemind which is very handy as it works on both my Mac Powerbook and my Wintel machine at the university. More recently, I have been testing the brand new version of Nova Mind, Nova Mind 3, for which I have now purchased an upgrade.
Whilst Nova Mind version 3 looks and feel very similar to the old Nova Mind 2.4.6, it is apparently a completely re-write of the application and according to the product blurb, "almost 200,000 lines of new code ... make it all work". Subsequently there are still slight teething problems and since the launch of new NovaMind 3.0 on 8 November, regular upgrades are being released and I upgraded to 3.0.2 earlier today.
A windows version is also announced which will work with the same licence, therefore allowing the same user to use it on both Wintel and a Mac machine.
Whilst Nova Mind boldly claims to be "the Most Powerful Mind Mapping Software Available Anywhere". I am not yet sure I would agree with this statement as MindManager 6 which I test drived at the university a while back still seems to keep the edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home