19 April 2005

Getting Things Done on Devonthink

I initially discovered David Allen's Getting Things Done through Ryan Holcomb's excellent template Getting Things Done Tinderbox document also available through the Tinderbox's Public File Exchange page. I have however now moved to Devonthink and, having read the book, have developped my own template, which seem to work very well for me. I have posted a couple of month ago a few screen shots on my flickr account and, much to my surprise, it has already been viewed 674 times (not including me). It perhaps would be an idea for me to also make the template available on-line.

Getting things done on Devonthink

2 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 10:08:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you switch from Tinderbox to DevonThink? It would be interesting to hear your comparison. I am comparing these and other software, and would like to discuss desirable features.

 
At 4/19/2006 06:56:00 pm, Blogger Pascal Venier said...

Dear Anonymous,
Tinderbox is a great "Swiss Army Knife", but I feel it is well over-priced if you only use it for one or two of its functions, say story data and mind mapping. To have to pay every year for updates is most un-cool.
I did find Devonthink much better suited to my purpose, ie storing and arranging datas. I now use in conjunction with a mindmapping software, which I primarily use for implementing GTD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home